Often, health conditions that usually affect dogs go unnoticed until when they are in their critical stages. These ailments not only affect canines but they also impact their owners as well. The biggest problem with our dogs is that they don’t know how to express themselves and tell us where it hurts.
On the other hand, there are symptoms that you can observe to determine whether there is a problem or not. The various behavior changes will tell you if there is an issue. Some of the signs include sleeping more than usual, scratching a lot, losing interest in the activities they love most, etc. Below are the common dog sicknesses you ought to know.
1. Obesity– This disease is very common in canines; however, it can be treated. The major reason for this condition is too much eating, and not doing enough exercise. Fatty foods should be avoided at all cost. You should develop a clear schedule of when they have their meals, the quantity of the food and when you take them for a walk . You can also consult a vet for to determine if a special diet is necessary. Obesity in dogs should not be ignored at all; it can cause serious conditions such as heart failure and liver ailments.
2. Diabetes– This is another disease that affects humans too. To prevent this condition make sure they have well balanced meals throughout the day. Ensure that their meals don’t contain fatty scrappy sugary foods. These leftovers will cause pancreatic issues that can lead to diabetes. When they suffer this condition, they will require special care. Consult with a qualified vet on the best cause of action in order to keep the sickness in check. Make sure you follow vet’s instructions to the end.
3. Arthritis– This affects dogs and humans as well. Dogs are vulnerable to be affected since they have narrower long joints. You should consult with your vet regularly in order to monitor the condition and check out for any degeneration. This could cause dog hip and joint problems.
4. Allergies– Dogs are usually allergic to fleas. The most common signs are hot spots that can create an infection. You should utilize anti-flea prescriptions. They can help a lot. Food also causes this problem. You ought to check with your vet to know the kind of medication you should use.
5. Infections– The main signs for this ailment are redness and swelling; in addition, excessive scratching can be seen. The affected areas include the ears, eyes and skin. The ears are mostly affected because bacteria can easily enter.
There are several other health problems that can distress your dog, the above are just a few of them.
In summary, we should always be attentive to potential medical conditions that can affect our canine. In effect Hip and Joint problems are very common in certain breeds.
Visit Happy Dog Health and see if your dog can benefit from pet supplements.